Lots of New Year fun with old friends staying over; new friends stopping by and lots of things to do. I really relish this time of the year and so I offer you some food for thought; “Fredquarters Tips For A Positive New Year.”
1. When you wake up in the morning, complete the following sentence, “my purpose is_________.”
2. Stop being disappointed about where you are at. Think good thoughts about where you are going.
3. Change is NOT your enemy. Make friends with any change that comes your way and be ready to discover the opportunity inside of the challenge.
4. Live with the 3E’s : Energy, Enthusiasm and Empathy.
5. Believe that everything happens for a reason. When God takes something from you, he is opening up your hands to receive something better.
6. The key to innovation is to focus on solutions. Focus sharply.
7. Read more books than you did in 2010.
8. Smile and laugh more. They are natural anti depressants.
9. Make a difference in somebody’s life this year.
10. Enjoy the ride. The purpose of this life isn’t to come to the end all shiny and new and always playing it safe. Come in yelling at the top of your lungs, “Wheeeeeeeeeeww; that was a helluva ride!!”