“Repyoutation” is not a typo. In fact, it probably is a better way to spell “reputation”, because your business and you are inextricably intertwined.
The community has a hard time separating the owner of a store and the store itself.
If your business is known for being a clean friendly place, it is because YOU have made it that way.
If, on the other hand, it is known for being dirty, unfriendly and uncaring, it is also because of your efforts (or lack thereof).
You are the one that leads the troops, sets the stage and makes sure that all the nooks and crannies, all the details are attended to; all the while stressing that the business is an extension of your personality and your “repyoutation“.
With the fall season upon you, now is the time to shine up your “repyoutation.” Here are some tips.
1. If you are setting about to hire new people, hire friendly people, hire people that smile, hire people that want to serve. If an applicant can’t look you in the eye when answering a question, do NOT hire that person.
2. If your flyers or website look like Mickey Mouse did them, hire a professional artist or web designer to make your center look good on paper, on your website and in any media you might use.
3. If you don’t like going to your bathroom, then clean them, paint them and get rid of the graffiti. And oh yeah, get better toilet paper!
4. If your machines are running at less than 80 games per stop, get your mechanic to bring them up to standard as quickly and as economically as possible.
5. If the entrance to your building is in need of paint or patch, do it and then hang a big sign that says “Welcome”. On the way out a sign should read “Thank You for visiting us. Please come again.”
6.If your employees do not have a dress code or name badges, get them shirts, enforce a dress code and do it NOW!
So what do you think your “repYOUtation” in the community is?