With the July 4th weekend now over, many of us are still working our centers, hoping for a little rain and some open play bowling gains. Yet, some of us have closed based upon past results. Whichever category you fall, the hard truth is “NOW” starts the “fall league flooring season.”
From here to the start of the season is about 6 to 8 weeks (42 to 56 days); not a lot of time to do all that needs to be done
I’m not going to dwell on all you need to do starting with: (just some examples) but want to talk about some new methods you can think about which have borne fruit in the past:
· calling last season’s league bowlers
· calling secretaries
· contacting dropouts
· holding league meetings
· establishing league benefits
· speaking to summer bowlers
· selling open play summer bowlers
· selling Kids Bowl Fee parents and kids
· making sure you have short season leagues in place
· emailing, Facebook, twitter – the whole social media campaign
· referral programs
· employee incentives
· direct mail
Here are a couple of ideas to think about right now and implement tomorrow:
1. Invite those corporate party people you last saw in December for a FREE awesome August bowling party. Send emails, text messages and then direct mail. And finally call them. You will get lots of food and beverage income plus the opportunity to talk with them about 8 or 10 week or an every other week bowling party league. Remind them that it doesn’t have to be the same people on each team every night.
2. Do a sales blitz against local stores in your market and invite them in on one or two available nights of free bowling from 6pm to midnight. Just bring in their coupon that you delivered or get their email and send it that way. This sets up a selling situation to sell a short have a ball league for 8 or 10 weeks either at 630pm or 930pm depending on their hours. Hit at least 100 stores.
3. Set up a few band nights the last two weekends in August and invite appropriate age demos (that match the band’s music) to come into the center for $5. Bowling is extra. Have a great short season league ready to sell these folks that include music, bowling equipment and maybe tickets to a concert in your home town or close to your town.
4. Host a fund raiser with the animal shelter and use your venue to raise money for the shelter. Advertise this on local radio and or cable TV. Have the animal shelter email their “donors” and let people bring their dogs to the center and host a dog contest OUTSIDE OF THE CENTER. Have a fund raiser league for the animal shelter for 10 to 12 weeks or every other week or even once a month
Keep thinking about new ideas. Because in today’s environment you have to exceed the customer’s expectation…every time.