Rajeh Sety is an entrepreneur, author and speaker based in Silicon valley. His blog is Life Beyond Code.
His recent entry on “Enrichment” is worth reading and I wanted to pass this on to you, given the spirit of the holiday season. So here it is:
“We are all on a search- a search for more meaning in our lives. Through choosing to enrich other people’s lives, you add meaning to their life and your own.
Some simple steps to follow:
1. Commit: Commit to lifetime – relationships that span events, companies, causes and geographic boundaries.
2. Care: care for the concerns of others as if they are your own.
3. Connect: Aim to connect those who will benefit and enrich each others lives in equal measure
4. Communication: Communicate candidly. Tell people what they should hear rather than what they want to hear.
5. Expand capacity: Aim to expand people’s capacity to help them give and get more from their own lives.
The Litmus Test: If you are truly enriching someone’s life, they will typically miss you in their past. They think their lives would have been even better if they had met you earlier.
You are only as rich as the enrichment you bring to the world around you.”