We’re all working harder these days. Some of us are even working smarter. But what we lack, in general, is a bit of the “wow” factor. Sure our fliers have gotten a little more professional and we’re paying attention to customer service a bit more too, but what are we doing every day to stimulate new business, retain business and “wow” these folks when they come in.
Here are a few WOW ideas that my brain came up with that you might want to try.
1. Car Wash. Once a night pick out a customer (at random) and get the customer’s car washed or give him a certificate for a free car wash. Surprise, surprise.
2. Thank all of your open play bowlers one night with a small box of candy or other treat. Surprise surprise.
3. Fund a charity. Send an email to your bowlers to come in an open play bowl on a Saturday night. Tell them for every dollar they spend, 10% will go to a “local” charity. Surprise, surprise.
4. Roses for Mom. When a child has his birthday with you, give Mom 6 roses as a thank you fro having her child’s party at your center. That’s a wow. Think she’ll tell a few people about that. Surprise, surprise.
5. Who thanks League Secretaries? Give all of them a restaurant gift certificate for $25. We can get you one for about $5 and its valid at local restaurants in your area, no strings attached. drop us an email at email@example.com and we’ll send you some info on it. Surprise, surprise.
6. Greet the customer. It’s a busy Friday or Saturday night in season and your front desk people are slammed. So who is making the NEW customer feel more than just welcome? Why not hire a greeter for those busy nights to welcome customers, visit them on the lanes and thank them for their patronage and, oh yes, “here are some short season programs you might be interested in and how about filling out our data base card?” Surprise, surprise.
7. Make some magic. Hire a magician during weekend day time open play and have them go lane to lane and do a few tricks. It’s entertaining, parents will remember it and kids will love it which will make the parents want to come back again…’cause the kids will bug them to return! Surprise. surprise.
As the old saying goes, if you can’t be better (and I’m not saying that you are not) at least be DIFFERENT!