The man who could, usually does. The man who would, usually doesn’t. The man who should has let the opportunity pass.
If you are letting seasonal opportunities pass you by, you might be in the “shoulda” category.
On the other hand if you’re in the “coulda” category, here’s some things you could do that you might not have thought of. (hopefully you have and this is just a checklist.)
1. List your top 25 league bowler friends who work at big companies and ask them who their HR person is and if they know if the company has planned, usually plans or has not planned a holiday party. Then ask if you can contact the HR person and use the bowler’s name as a way to get past
2. Use an oversized postcard and send it to the HR people on your business data base. If you do not have a business data base, buy one from INFOUSA.COM. on the postcard, do NOT list you prices, just say something like “Great Holiday Parties Starting At $X.XX Per Person.
3. Make sure you create an offer on the postcard. For example, bring 25 people and save $50; bring 50 people and save $100; bring 100 people and save $200.
4. Start your follow up calls after your mailing and invite the HR person into your center. Show him/here the product. No need for you to go to them.
5. Make sure you have testimonials about your holiday parties or any parties on your website. Put a “party video clip” up on the site if you have it too!
6. Use your Face book to set up a sweepstakes by offering a free holiday party. Get people to give you the 5 best reasons why a holiday bowling party is better than any other party
7. Make sure you have a “Twelve Days of Christmas Program” in Place that offers school kids the opportunity to get a free game a day from December 26th thru January 6th.
8. Have all of your fliers for new league formation in January up and available right before the Thanksgiving holiday and train your staff to solicit for league sign ups based upon the demography of the people who come to the customer service/welcome desk.
9. When you have your company parties, make sure to get the email addresses of all people at the party. You can do this by offering them the opportunity to win a _______.
10. Use a “robo call service” to contact your Kids Bowl Free Moms about your New Years Eve parties.
Be the “coulda” person this holiday season and win at the cash register.