Recent statistics show that 66% of all customers come thru referrals by existing customers, yet only 18% of all companies even have a referral program.
Seems strange considering that we all know that it is more costly to get a new customer via traditional methods then via word of mouth.
Moreover, we all have lots of existing customers; they are called league bowlers and while some are happier than others; almost all of them would be open to a referral program that offered them some kind of incentive.
So here’s a bunch of incentive ideas to get people to refer customers to you.
May not be what you expect, but then again, I hope this blog never is.
Refer a customer or get a team and get: C = customer; T = Team
1. $10 in Free in lottery tickets (C)
2. A gift certificate for a new bowling ball (T)
3. Your Truck detailed (T)
4. A $25 restaurant.com coupon (C)
5. Your last week’s bowling fee FREE (C)
6. A bottle of your favorite alcoholic beverage (C or T).
o Don’t distribute this from the center, buy it at retail.
7. $50 in food purchases at the center (T or C)
8. $50 Gift certificates to Best Buy, Target, (T or C)
9. $100 gift certificate for an airline flight (T)
10. Free entry into any national or state tournament (C or T)
11. $50 to $100 in free gasoline (T or C)
12. Pay your cell phone bill for one month up to $100 (T)
13. Pay your cable bill for one month up to $100 (T)
14. Get bags of groceries up to $100 (T); $25 for a C
15. Get your house cleaned (up to $100) for a (T)
Did I get you to thinking about a referral program? I hope so.