Lots of proprietors, when asked about their customers will give me answers like this:
- “Mostly families”
- “Older league bowlers, some seniors and ladies”
- “Teens on Friday nights and some twenty somethings on Saturday nights”
- “Good bowlers, very competitive”
- “Middle class to lower middle class”
- “Fairly affluent”
- “Company parties and fund raisers; we don’t emphasize leagues”
Really? Is that all you know about your customers? And you’re trying to communicate with them?
Tell me about your customer. Not just her age, income and postcode—but tell me who she really is.
- What keeps her awake at night?
- Where does she spend her time both online and offline?
- What does she care about?
- Tell me about her fears, hopes and dreams?
- What matters to her?
Tell me everything you know. Find out what you don’t know.
If we don’t take the time to really see our customers and get to know their story, how can we create the things and experiences they want and need?
They are giving us clues every day. We just need to open our eyes, our minds, and more importantly our hearts to truly find out “Who Is Our Customer?”
Will you share this email or Facebook post with two friends who might benefit from this advice? I’m certain they’ll thank you for it once they’ve read it.
Leave a comment